It’s almost NeoCon-time! There are many things we love about being in Chicago each June (and we’re going to share several of them here), but this year is extra special because we’re celebrating our 10th birthday!
Every birthday celebration should last more than one day (right?), so we’ll be counting down the 10 days to NeoCon, sharing the things we love about Chicago and asking you to chime in with your favorites. When you do—either here, or on Twitter or Facebook—you will be entered into a drawing to win the Schwinn Tango tandem bicycle that will be on our Mini Cooper in front of the Merchandise Mart during the show.
There are more details about the drawing at the bottom of this post, but now it’s time for the fun! The #izzy10 countdown begins…
10 favorite places for dinner in Chicago:
9 favorite shopping excursions beyond the Mart:
– Anthropologie (111 E. Chicago Ave. at Michigan)
– Apple Store (679 N. Michigan)
– Crate & Barrel (646 N. Michigan)
– Mark Shale (900 N. Michigan)
– Marshalls (600 N. Michigan)
– Nordstrom (55 E. Grand)
– Trader Joe’s (44 E. Ontario)
– Room & Board (55 E. Ohio)
– Vosges Chocolate Boutique (520 N. Michigan)
8 favorite things about NeoCon:
– Cool new products
– Fresh ideas & innovation
– Friends—old & new
– Learning from each other
– Monday morning—game on!
– Wednesday afternoon—collapse!
7 lunch spots (if you can find time for lunch!):
– Ed Debevics (640 North Wells)
– English Bar & Restaurant (444 North LaSalle)
– Kinzie Chophouse (400 North Wells)
– Monk’s Pub (205 West Lake)
– Potbelly (in the Merchandise Mart)
– Star of Siam (11 East Illinois)
– Steve’s Deli (354 West Hubbard)
6 favorite examples of Chicago architecture:
– Frank Llyod Wright home and studio, 1889, 1898 (951 Chicago Ave.)
– Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park, 2004 (53 East Randolph St.)
– Tribune Tower, 1925 (435 N. Michigan Ave.)
– Water Tower Place, 1975 (835 N. Michigan Ave.)
– Wrigley Building, 1920 (410 N Michigan Ave.)
– Wrigley Field, 1914 (1060 W. Addison St.)
5 favorite places for drinks:
– Billy Goat Tavern (222 Merchandise Mart)
– Hub 51 (51 W. Hubbard)
– Japonais (600 W. Chicago)
– Mercadito (108 W. Kinzie)
– Rockit Bar & Grill (22 W. Hubbard)
4 best photo backdrops:
– Coastline/skyline from the water (or from Navy Pier)
– Buckingham Fountain
– Millenium Park (especially by the Bean sculpture!)
– Sears Tower clear balcony
**Bonus backdrop during NeoCon: In front of the izzy+ Mini
3 favorite breakfast spots:
– Original Pancake House, 22 East Bellevue Place
– West Egg Café, 620 North Fairbanks Court
– Yolk, 355 East Ohio Street
2 places we like to stay
– The James Hotel (55 E. Ontario)
– The Sutton Place Hotel (21 E. Bellevue)
1 party you don’t want to miss at NeoCon
– Our 10th birthday party, of course!
The party is from 3:30-5:30 on Monday, in showroom 1150. We’ll announce a winner for the tandem drawing at 5 pm, so make sure you share your Chicago favorites here, on Twitter or Facebook today!
What are your Chicago favorites? Share them and be entered in our tandem drawing!
Now for those nitty-gritty tandem-drawing details:
You can be entered into the tandem drawing once a day—up to 10 times total. Just choose your social medium and follow these instructions:
– On the blog: Respond to this post, adding some of your Chicago favorites to our growing lists; or…
– On Twitter: Either a) tweet a favorite for that day’s category (be sure to include the #izzy10 hashtag), or b) RT one of our #izzy10 tweets; or…
– On Facebook: Make sure you’ve “liked” our page, then leave a comment on one of our countdown status updates, sharing your favorite for the category of the day.
The drawing for the Schwinn Tango tandem will take place at our birthday party, on Monday, June 13 from 3:30-5:30 in showroom 1150. You must be in the showroom at 5 pm—the time of the drawing—to win. (And even if you don’t win there will be cupcakes!)